Cadeau Adventure Trails and Accommodation
Last Updated: March 2017
Contact Helecia Carstens
- Cadeau Adventure Trails and Accommodation
- Longitude: 24.1002727
- Latitude: -34.0409815
- Bed And Breakfast
- Camp Sites
- Luxury Tents
- Bird Watching
- Guided Field Trip
- Hiking / walking
- Mountain Biking
About Cadeau Adventure Trails and Accommodation
Accommodation consists of dome tents on wooden decks. Each one of our 10 units has either a double bed or twin beds in them.
- 4 tents with double bed
- 6 tents with twin beds
All bedding is provided.
Cadeau accommodation is ideal for backpackers, hikers, overseas or local tourists that wants to get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of the modern day.
Although we have set Pizza and Breakfast Menu's, the kitchen is fully equipped and contains everything you will need for self-catering.
We also have 2 indoor braai areas, an outside braai area and boma.
Because we are situated in a protected nature area, no fires will be permitted outside of the designated braai areas.
Kindly note that the tents do not have electricity - each tent has its own portable bed lamp. There is electricity in the bathrooms and entertainment hall and power points can be found in the ladies bathroom as well as the entertainment hall for the use of our guests.
Our clean ablution facilities, with showers only, will provide you with hot water for your enjoyment.
Please take note of the following important notice:
- There is a 8 km gravel road to Cadeau Hiking Base camp and condition of the road may vary depending on the weather conditions.
- Should weather conditions change, alternative arrangements can be made to ensure easy access. However 4x4 is not needed to get to the Base camp.
- 50 % deposit is payable at booking of hiking trail and accommodation.
- Should it be impossible to hike, then alternative dates will be allocated to you subject to availability.
- No loud music.
- An indemnity form must be signed by all hikers and guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen - ideal for self-catering*
- Braai facilities in designated areas (No fires will be permitted outside the designated areas)*
- Free firewood at designated fireplaces*
- Boma area*
- Bed and breakfast on request
- Any other homemade cuisine on request
- Wood fired Pizza oven for the best homemade pizzas
- You are welcome to ask your hosts for their skills in the kitchen
- Bathrooms (showers only) with hot water*
- Electricity in bathrooms and entertainment area
- Power points in ladies bathroom and entertainment hall
- Lamps are provided for the use in the tents
Kindly note: * Our facilities are to be shared by all our guests
While you are visiting you can take part in any of the following activities to enhance your stay with us.
- Guided hiking trails
- Short Trails
- Mountain Biking
- Trail running
- Indoor table tennis
- Indoor pool table
- Dart Board
- DSTV in the entertainment hall
- Mini library
Do not create fires outside of designated areas due to forest growth
Room / Unit Features
- Kitchen (fully Equipped)
- No Smoking In Rooms
- TV - DSTV
- Wifi - Free
On Site Features
- Braai / Barbeque Area
- Breakfast : Continental
- Breakfast : Full English
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
- Dinner (prior Arrangement)
- Guest Lounge
- Parking (off Street)
- Parking (secure)
- Pet Friendly (by Arrangement)
- Picnic Baskets (by Arrangement)
- Reception (business Hours Only)
- Cycle Mapped Routes
- Guest Transfers (airport)
- Guest Transfers (others)
- Tour Assistance
Map and Directions to Cadeau Adventure Trails and Accommodation
GPS : -34.0409815; 24.100272700000005
From Cape Town:
Take the N2, 85 km’s after Plettenberg Bay and 10.3 km’s past the Storms River Bridge; you turn right at the Koomansbos/Witelsbos exit. After 50m at the T-junction, you turn left onto the R102. After 7 km’s, you turn right at the signed Robbehoek. After 4.8 km’s on the bend you turn right. After 1.8 km’s turn, you turn left through the gate. Continue south for 1.6 km you find Cadeau on your left
From Port Elizabeth:
Take the N2 take the Kareedouw/Eersterivier exit and turn left. After 200m turn right at the T-Junction onto the R102.After 10 km’s turn left onto the Robbehoek route. After 4.8 km’s on the bend you turn right. After 1.8 km’s turn, you turn left through the gate. Continue south for 1.6 km you find Cadeau on your left.